Big Sunglasses are Cute but Hard to Find as Reading Glasses
Many Boomer Chicks look good in large sunglasses and big hats. Who can see wrinkles with all that shade? Oversized bifocal sunglasses and tinted specs help disguise the need for reading glasses.
Oversized sunglasses have made a comeback and not a moment too soon. Now, Boomer Chicks can cover their wrinkles, protect their eyes, and distract from their lesser attributes, while hiding behind large, tinted bifocal sunglasses.
Big, fun sunglasses became a hit redux when Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton latched onto this retro eyewear theme. Of course, Boomers should never adopt a style just because immature celebrities do. The real reason to embrace big sunglasses is that elegant Italian women have.
It is easy to find big sunglasses online. It is easy to find reading sunglasses online. The problem is that it is difficult (at this time) to find oversized reading sunglasses. Did buyers miss something?
If younger women are snapping up oversized designer sunglasses, doesn’t it make sense that Baby Boomers would be next in line? How else are Baby Boomer women supposed to read their romance novels by the pool on those cruise ships?
Oversized Reading Sunglasses
Here are some options for the terminally hip:
- Buy discount designer sunglasses from overstock.com and have lenses changed at an optometrist.
- Go shopping for readers in Venice or Hong Kong.
- Try changing the wording of a Google search by adding “eBay” to the keywords.
Hopefully, this article will help change the availability of oversized women’s reading sunglasses, but for now, when one searches online for bifocal sunglasses there are only a few timid styles.
To get more eyewear options, try Googling something like “eBay oversized reading sunglasses”. The inclusion of “eBay” appears to bring up more diversity in results, even with sites that have nothing to do with it.
Oversized Reading Sunglasses
Meanwhile, here are some sunglass readers that might hide the fact that Boomers, indeed, are getting older:
- Twoeyes Gina Bifocal Reading Sunglasses (These are not perfect, but they do have the detailing on the sides. Too many sparkles on the front of the frame start to morph into that “crazy granny” style.)
- Asset Eyewear Sun Readers Caramel Bifocal (Some versions have a lighter tint and can be worn out to dinner, after sundown. Wearing readers can be helpful for any woman attempting to maneuver a soup spoon into a soup bowl.)
- Speert.com: Style 828 in tortoise, onyx, or black/orange. These might be cute with a big sunhat.
Because Boomer women are just getting into the bifocal/reading glass stage of their lives, it may be difficult to find the right trendy readers in cute styles and tints. Here are some different keyword options that may help when looking for the perfect eyewear.
- Bifocal Sunglasses
- Magnifying Sunglasses
- Reading Sunglasses
- Sunglass Readers
- Sun readers
Baby Boomers are at the stage where they may need to wear reading glasses. Hopefully, someone is going to get hip to the fact that Boomer Chicks want cute oversized reading sunglasses in fabulous styles, cute tints (pink, blue, amber, or dark), and chic two-toned plastics.